About Us – The Little Wickets Coaching story
About Us – Little Wickets is the brainchild of Chloe Williams. Back in 2008, as the mother of a two-year-old son and pregnant with her second child (and with a husband wishing he had time to play more cricket), Chloe was on the lookout for some fun outdoor activities for her kids to be involved in. If it involved cricket maybe Dad might enjoy it too. She was inspired by all the great cricketing activities available in her local area but none of them catered for really little ones. So she looked at starting something up herself. Three years on in 2011, that spark of an idea had grown and she teamed up with an ECB (English Cricket Board) Coach trainer (the ones that coach the coaches) who has over 25 years of experience teaching PE. Little Wickets was born and every Saturday morning Pip (then aged 4 and three quarters!) and Annie (then aged 2) was inspired by a fantastic coach, Charlotte. With a whole bunch of new friends, they are developing some physical (& life) skills as well as discovering more about cricket along the way. Meanwhile Dad is encouraging them all, but still wishes he could play more cricket.
Little Wickets continues to grow from strength to strength. Since those early beginnings we now have eight 1st Innings sessions and eight 2nd Innings weekly year-round sessions throughout South Nottinghamshire and beyond; numerous partnerships with local schools, offering Curriculum and After-School Sessions; partnerships with thriving local Cricket Club, Holiday Camps throughout the year and Party Packages for Kids as young as 2 1/2. We are always on the lookout for new sessions in new areas.
About Us -Facts and Figures
- We are currently bringing the Spirit of Cricket and ‘FUNdaments of movement to nearly 200 children per week.
- We are in 7 different locations and operate in Bingham, Keyworth, West Bridgford, Mapperley and Wollaton
- 8 – 1st Innings Classes
- 8 – 2nd Innings Classes
- We operate in Schools as part of their curriculum sports programmes and After-School Clubs
- We offer Holiday Activities for Pre-School children in partnership with local tennis clubs.
- We provide Holiday Camps for all primary school aged children
- We have 6 top quality coaches and Paul, our head coach, won the Sky Sports/Nottinghamshire County Cricket Club’s Coach of the Year 2013
About Us – Our Sessions, Our Passion
We believe in encouraging children to participate in sport for life. Which is why we keep our sessions small to enable us to deliver excellent coaching with the emphasis on learning and fun. We understand the importance of individuality and helping the child develop at their own rate. We always want to encourage them and never put them off sport by pushing them too quickly. Occasionally, children not be ready and may need more time. Which is why we provide a Newcomers Guarantee – if for whatever reason it just isn’t working out after a couple of weeks we will refund you the unused pre-paid sessions.
- Sessions are pre-bookable and payable in advance for the full term, at £8 per 1st & 2nd Innings session per child. Younger Siblings get a discount. Membership and promotional discounts are also available at certain times of the year.
- Mid-term bookings are dependent on the availability
- Priority will be given to those who have block booked in advance.
- Places are limited. Maximum numbers apply so early booking is essential
- Sessions may be subject to cancellation if minimum numbers are not reached in advance of the start dates. A full refund or credit will be given.
Meet the Team
Founder of Managing Director of Little Wickets. Chloe is the mother of two young children, a son aged 10 and a daughter aged 9, both of whom have now joined local cricket clubs and are obviously regulars at the Little Wickets Holiday Camps. In a former life, Chloe worked overseas as the US Area Manager for Signature Vacations (First Choice Holidays Group), before returning to the UK and joining the First Choice Product Development & Marketing team, working on their overseas Kids’ Clubs and Customer Service Questionnaire programs. During her subsequent time representing the Caribbean Island of Grenada’s UK Tourist Board, she was also actively involved in the development of sports’ travel to the Island, in particular, Cricket. Travel (beyond the school run) is still a passion.
Paul Maylard-Mason – Head Coach
Scott Berridge – Lead Coach
Josh Kingsley – Lead Coach