We offer fun activities for kids, primarily cricket coaching sessions, across Nottinghamshire: West Bridgford, Wollaton, Beeston, Bingham, Caythorpe (near Lowdham), Grantham, Keyworth, Southwell, Mapperley, and Papplewick. For info and booking see below.
There are three different types of Little Wickets cricket coaching sessions:
- First Innings Sessions are for preschool-aged kids from 2 1/2 years old until they start school
- Second Innings Sessions are for School-aged kids in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2
- Big Hitters 2nd Innings sessions are for experienced Little Wicketers in Year 3 in preparation for Kwik cricket at your local cricket club
COVID-19 Lockdown 3 Update (Jan 2021) – Term Time Sessions, Holiday Activities & After School Clubs
With England in the midst of Lockdown 3 all of our First & Second Innings’ weekly sessions are suspended, until such time as it is deemed safe to restart. All the indications are that this will not be until at least Mid-February when we hope to be able to run our ever popular Half Term Indoor Camp for Primary School-Aged Children and Tots’ Hotshots Toddler Mornings. and hopefully after half term we can return to our planned Spring Term timetable right up until Easter (Little Wickets Spring 2 Timetable). For now it’s a waiting game.
In the meanime you can still book (or join the waiting list) for any of our regular First & Second Innings sessions – there’s nothing to pay until we know for sure the sesisons are running! Many of our current sesisons are fully subscribed (we have had to make the group sizes much smaller) so please join the waiting lists – more places will become availablel as the COVID- restrictions ease and will be offered on a first-come first-served basis – you won’t want to miss out!
Our top priority remains the the well-being & safety of the extended Little Wickets Family; kids, parents, coaches and of course the wider community. We are keeping a close eye on the national guidance and when we can return we will of course continue to implement our rigourous COVID-19 mitigation protocols as necessary (without compromising on the Fun!) . Little Wickets’ COVID-19 Mitigation Protocols Little Wickets full COVID-19 Mitigation Risk Assessment is available on request via email from firstname.lastname@example.org
All sessions are currently payable in advance for a half. Joining mid-term is dependent on availability.
All Sessions will be bookable as a block for the first half of the Autumn Term @£12 per session to reflect the lowered maximum class size and our increased costs. Unfortunately we are not in a position to offer sibling discounts this half term. The Spring 21 per session rates will be reviewed mid December.
Maximum Group Sizes are under constant review and we will return to a lower standard per session rate (£8 per session) & normal maximum group size just as soon as is viable under prevailing guidance. We are anticipating further guidance on group numbers for January 2021. However we do not anticipate being able to return to the pre-COVID group numbers until at least Summer 2021.
The cost of the After School clubs are dependent on which school the club is at. If your school is not listed in the booking section below please email email@example.com for further information.
In order to maintain our strict low ratios of kids to coaches, we are unfortunately unable to offer free taster sessions. However, if after 2 weeks it isn’t working out for any reason, we will refund the unused prepaid sessions on the basis that the used sessions were at the standard per session rate.
Please scroll down for our Holiday Clubs and our Local club Cricket coaching sessions.
Little Wickets After School Clubs
We are very proud to be offering Little Wickets after-school clubs in a number of local Primary, Junior and Prep schools. Please scroll down below to book a place at your child’s after-school club. If your school isn’t in the list – don’t panic it may be that bookings are handled directly with the school or maybe it’s time to introduce lots of fun activities for kids at your school. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Little Wickets at Cricket Clubs
From April to September Little Wickets Cricket training sessions for kids are also available on Friday evenings at Caythorpe Cricket Club, Keyworth Cricket Club, and Papplewick and Linby Cricket Club. These are managed by the clubs and run alongside their Junior Training evenings.
For more information on our cricket coaching at clubs, email email@example.com
Little Wickets in Schools & Nurseries
Little Wickets also offers a range of soft-ball cricket opportunities for the Early Years & Key Stage 1 age groups within curriculum time. To learn more about what we could offer your Day Nursery or Primary School please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All payments must be made in advance to Little Wickets (East Midlands) Ltd.
- Our preferred method of payment is by BACS online or by Cheque direct to Little Wickets and DO NOT incur additional fees. Please email email@example.com for the bank details and mailing address.
- Debit & Credit Card payments incur an additional ‘Platform Fee’. Class4Kids take this payment and operate as an intermediary to facilitate the convenience of card payments. Little Wickets do not profit from this fee, therefore, it is in full accordance with the new payment regulations – (Payment Services Directive 2 a.k.a. “PSD2”).
- The coaches cannot accept payment at the sessions.
- Discounted rates available for younger sibling bookings, as above.
- Places are limited and must be pre-booked and pre-paid in advance. “Walk-up”/” Ad Hoc” attendance is not possible as it affects the strict coach: kid ratios.
- Current Little Wicketers are given early booking priority for future terms.
- If space allows we can accept individually booked sessions during the term, just ask and we can advise you on availability.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the planned timetable goes ahead as published, Little Wickets reserves the right to cancel a block of individual sessions if minimum numbers are not booked on or for any unforeseeable circumstance, in such circumstances a refund or credit will be offered to the maximum amount paid for that affected sessions(s)
- Little Wickets reserve the right to refuse any individual bookings
- Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for further information