We offer fun activities for kids, primarily cricket coaching sessions, across Nottinghamshire: West Bridgford, Wollaton, Beeston, Bingham, Caythorpe (near Lowdham), Grantham, Keyworth, Southwell, Mapperley, and Papplewick. For info and booking see below.
There are three different types of Little Wickets cricket coaching sessions:
- 1st Innings Sessions are for preschool-aged kids from 2 1/2 years old until they start school
- 2nd Innings Sessions are for School-aged kids in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2
- Big Hitters 2nd Innings sessions are for experienced Little Wicketers in Year 3 in preparation for Kwik cricket at your local cricket club
COVID-19 UPDATE – July 2020
Following the Government’s recent announcement that Community Centres and Sports Facilities can now reopen we are in touch with all our regular venues to undergo Risk Assessments to ascertain the viability of our regular Term-time 1st & 2nd Innings sessions from September 2020. We are hopeful that they will be able to go ahead, albeit in a slightly different way. Whilst some things may have to change the planned timetable is the same as the Summer Timetable below. If you are new to Little Wickets and/or would like to register your interest in any of the sessions or would like to be kept up to date with our plans for the Autumn Term please email us here: Little Wickets Autumn Term Update Information
Term Time 1st & 2nd Innings sessions can be booked below, or for a full overview of all the sessions please click here
All the sessions are 45 minutes long but sometimes do run on to an hour.
Click here to book
All sessions are payable in advance for a half or full term. Joining mid-term is dependent on availability.
The Full Term Advance Booking Cost for the term-time 1st Innings Sessions for Pre-School aged Toddlers (from 2 1/2 years) & 2nd Innings Sessions for Girls & Boys in Reception, Year 1, 2 & 3 is the equivalent of £8 per session per child and £7.50 for younger siblings
The cost of the After School clubs are dependent on which school the club is at. If your school is not listed in the booking section below please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
In order to maintain our strict low ratios of kids to coaches, we are unfortunately unable to offer free taster sessions. However, if after 2 weeks it isn’t working out for any reason, we will refund the unused prepaid sessions on the basis that the used sessions were at the standard per session rate (£8 for 1st Innings Sessions & 2nd Innings Sessions from January 2019).
Please scroll down for our Holiday Clubs and our Local club Cricket coaching sessions.
Little Wickets After School Clubs
We are very proud to be offering Little Wickets after-school clubs in a number of local Primary, Junior and Prep schools. Please scroll down below to book a place at your child’s after-school club. If your school isn’t in the list – don’t panic it may be that bookings are handled directly with the school or maybe it’s time to introduce lots of fun activities for kids at your school. Email email@example.com for further information.
Little Wickets at Cricket Clubs
From April to September Little Wickets Cricket training sessions for kids are also available on Friday evenings at Caythorpe Cricket Club, Keyworth Cricket Club, and Papplewick and Linby Cricket Club. These are managed by the clubs and run alongside their Junior Training evenings.
For more information on our cricket coaching at clubs, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Wickets in Schools & Nurseries
Little Wickets also offers a range of soft-ball cricket opportunities for the Early Years & Key Stage 1 age groups within curriculum time. To learn more about what we could offer your Day Nursery or Primary School please email email@example.com
- All payments must be made in advance to Little Wickets (East Midlands) Ltd.
- Our preferred method of payment is by BACS online or by Cheque direct to Little Wickets and DO NOT incur additional fees. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the bank details and mailing address.
- Debit & Credit Card payments incur an additional ‘Platform Fee’. Class4Kids take this payment and operate as an intermediary to facilitate the convenience of card payments. Little Wickets do not profit from this fee, therefore, it is in full accordance with the new payment regulations – (Payment Services Directive 2 a.k.a. “PSD2”).
- The coaches cannot accept payment at the sessions.
- Discounted rates available for younger sibling bookings, as above.
- Places are limited and must be pre-booked and pre-paid in advance. “Walk-up”/” Ad Hoc” attendance is not possible as it affects the strict coach: kid ratios.
- Current Little Wicketers are given early booking priority for future terms.
- If space allows we can accept individually booked sessions during the term, just ask and we can advise you on availability.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the planned timetable goes ahead as published, Little Wickets reserves the right to cancel a block of individual sessions if minimum numbers are not booked on or for any unforeseeable circumstance, in such circumstances a refund or credit will be offered to the maximum amount paid for that affected sessions(s)
- Little Wickets reserve the right to refuse any individual bookings
- Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for further information