We offer fun activities for kids, primarily cricket coaching sessions, across Nottinghamshire: West Bridgford, Wollaton, Beeston, Bingham, Caythorpe (near Lowdham), Grantham, Keyworth, Southwell, Mapperley, and Papplewick. For info and booking see below.
There are three different types of Little Wickets cricket coaching sessions:
- 1st Innings Sessions are for preschool-aged kids from 2 1/2 years old until they start school
- 2nd Innings Sessions are for School-aged kids in Reception, Year 1 & Year 2
- Big Hitters 2nd Innings sessions are for experienced Little Wicketers in Year 3 in preparation for Kwik cricket at your local cricket club
COVID-19 UPDATE – September 2020
Following the Government’s recent announcement that Community Centres and Sports Facilities can now reopen we have been in touch with all our regular venues & completed the Little Wickets’ Activities Risk Assessment to ensure the appropriate measures are put in place for our regular Term-Time 1st & 2nd Innings sessions from September 2020 and we are now able to offer sessions at most of our regular venues where we can be outside until the Octobr 20 Half Term (at least). We will be returning to all our other indoor venues just as soon as the Guidance allows and we can meet all of the necessary obligations to keep everyone as safe as possible. Our COVID-19 Mitigation Risk Assessment is available on request via email to email@example.com
A number of new measures will be in place for at least the first half of the Autumn Term:
- 1st Innings Sessions are for Pre-Schoolers from 2 1/2 Years Old with a Maximum group size of 6 – a parent/adult will be able to assist their own child(ren) during the session if necessary.
- 2nd Innings Sessions (for Children who are in Reception/Foundation, Year 1 & Year 2 (& New Year 3 cricketers) ) with a Maximum group size of 12 – a parent/adult can watch from the side but cannot join the group to assist.
- All Sessions will be bookable as a block for the first half of the Autumn Term @£12 per session to reflect the lowered maximum class size and our increased costs. Unfortunately we are not in a position to offer sibling discounts this half term.
- For the first half of the Autumn Term we will be Outside with additional COVID-compliant measures in place (see below). We will therefore be more susceptible to last minute cancellation if the weather is against us (credits or refunds for cancelled sessions will be issued). The first notifications of weather cancelled sessions will be on Little Wickets’ Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/LittleWickets)
- Individual Warm-Ups, Guided Skills & Activities. Group Challenges and Games. The coaches, children & adults from different households will be expected to follow the prevailing social distancing guidelines i.e. 2m Social Distancing will be enforced, including in game play.
- The sessions will be 45 minutes long with a minimum 15 gap between sessions (for sanitising)
- Sessions must be pre-booked & paid in advance.
- Parents are advised not to arrive at the session until 5 minutes before the session start time & to leave immediately afterwards
- The coaches also have to stay 2m away from each other & the child(ren) – except in an emergency. There won’t be any high 5s or first pumps, but lots of celebration for enthusiasm and participation! Initially there won’t be any Reward Stickers.
- Equipment Sharing will be limited and regulated:
- Free play with the equipment on arrival will not be possible
- Children are encouraged to bring their own plastic Bats. However, if they do not have a plastic cricket bat of the correct size please let us know ASAP. The coaches will have a limited number of Little Wickets bats available for use during the session (they will need to be sanitised before and after use). If you want to buy a plastic bat we are happy to advise on the suitability of the different types of plastic cricket bats available. From years of experience we have found that getting individual bats that are the correct size for this age group of children, on the open market is tough, so please do check before buying the wrong thing. The ECB All Stars Bats are perfect but the readily available Kwik Cricket bats are usually too long.The Bats we use & sell (£12 Each) come in 3 different sizes and are uniquely designed for Under 8s (Photo Attached). We can arrange for them to be sent to you before the first session (P & P costs apply) or you can pick them up at the first session. Please advise us of your individual Bat situation when booking.
- Children will be ‘allocated’ a numbered ball for their own use during solo activities, skills & games. During game play or group fielding activities different plastic balls will be used & shared and sanitised regularly.Other equipment used (e.g. cones, stumps & markers) will not be ‘touched by children’s hands but will still be regularly and appropriately santisied between activities.
The well-being of the Little Wickets Families & Team are our first priority so we continue to scour all the Government and The ECB advice in great details to ensure that we are adhering to all the relevant prevailing guidance. We will continue to ensure we mitigate the COVID-19 risks at all of Little Wickets’ activities & continue to keep a close eye on prevailing guidance both Nationally & Locally but we are duty bound to draw your attention to the potential increased risk of your children attending out of school/nursery activities & strongly recommend that you read the following Government Guidance. Please note that at the time of writing this there is no equivalent guidance for Parents of Under 5s but the principle is the same in the Guidance to U5s activity Providers.https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-for-parents-and-carers-of-children-attending-out-of-school-settings-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak/guidance-for-parents-and-carers-of-children-attending-out-of-school-settings-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak
Please see attached our extended Timetable for the First Half of the Autumn. Please take particular note of the Year Groups for each of the 2nd Innings Sessions – School Aged Sessions on Saturdays.
Term Time 1st & 2nd Innings sessions can be booked below, or for a full overview of all the sessions please click here
We are in close contact with all our venues, but until they are fully open and the Health & Safety risk assessments can be completed over the next week or so, we will only be taking reservations & will request payment once each of the venue’s paperwork has been completed & before the sessions commence.
Click here to book
All sessions are currently payable in advance for a half. Joining mid-term is dependent on availability.
All Sessions will be bookable as a block for the first half of the Autumn Term @£12 per session to reflect the lowered maximum class size and our increased costs. Unfortunately we are not in a position to offer sibling discounts this half term.
Please note we will return to a lower standard per session rate (£8 per session) & normal maximum group size just as soon as is viable under prevailing guidance. We are anticipating further guidance on being able to run Little Wickets indoors (from November) but even if we are able to return to indoor sessions from November we may not be able to increase the maximum group numbers until at least February 2021.
The cost of the After School clubs are dependent on which school the club is at. If your school is not listed in the booking section below please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
In order to maintain our strict low ratios of kids to coaches, we are unfortunately unable to offer free taster sessions. However, if after 2 weeks it isn’t working out for any reason, we will refund the unused prepaid sessions on the basis that the used sessions were at the standard per session rate (£8 for 1st Innings Sessions & 2nd Innings Sessions from January 2019).
Please scroll down for our Holiday Clubs and our Local club Cricket coaching sessions.
Little Wickets After School Clubs
We are very proud to be offering Little Wickets after-school clubs in a number of local Primary, Junior and Prep schools. Please scroll down below to book a place at your child’s after-school club. If your school isn’t in the list – don’t panic it may be that bookings are handled directly with the school or maybe it’s time to introduce lots of fun activities for kids at your school. Email email@example.com for further information.
Little Wickets at Cricket Clubs
From April to September Little Wickets Cricket training sessions for kids are also available on Friday evenings at Caythorpe Cricket Club, Keyworth Cricket Club, and Papplewick and Linby Cricket Club. These are managed by the clubs and run alongside their Junior Training evenings.
For more information on our cricket coaching at clubs, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Little Wickets in Schools & Nurseries
Little Wickets also offers a range of soft-ball cricket opportunities for the Early Years & Key Stage 1 age groups within curriculum time. To learn more about what we could offer your Day Nursery or Primary School please email email@example.com
- All payments must be made in advance to Little Wickets (East Midlands) Ltd.
- Our preferred method of payment is by BACS online or by Cheque direct to Little Wickets and DO NOT incur additional fees. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the bank details and mailing address.
- Debit & Credit Card payments incur an additional ‘Platform Fee’. Class4Kids take this payment and operate as an intermediary to facilitate the convenience of card payments. Little Wickets do not profit from this fee, therefore, it is in full accordance with the new payment regulations – (Payment Services Directive 2 a.k.a. “PSD2”).
- The coaches cannot accept payment at the sessions.
- Discounted rates available for younger sibling bookings, as above.
- Places are limited and must be pre-booked and pre-paid in advance. “Walk-up”/” Ad Hoc” attendance is not possible as it affects the strict coach: kid ratios.
- Current Little Wicketers are given early booking priority for future terms.
- If space allows we can accept individually booked sessions during the term, just ask and we can advise you on availability.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure the planned timetable goes ahead as published, Little Wickets reserves the right to cancel a block of individual sessions if minimum numbers are not booked on or for any unforeseeable circumstance, in such circumstances a refund or credit will be offered to the maximum amount paid for that affected sessions(s)
- Little Wickets reserve the right to refuse any individual bookings
- Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for further information